Benefits of Remote Work – Surging Demand for SD-WAN Security
The increase in remote working and the need to keep these communications safe is driving a strong SD-WAN security market, according to Future Market Insights.
The firm says that the category was worth $2.4 billion at end of last year and will be worth $16.9 billion at the end of the forecast period in 2032, a compound annual growth rate of 21.2%.
The proliferation of remote work can be a challenge for businesses. “[D]evices are progressively dispersed across multiple locations,” the report says. “Cloud-based services, applications, and platforms also make it strenuous, as employee networks may struggle to meet the scalability, flexibility, and speed of implementation required for daily functions.”
An important strategy is deployment of an overlay virtual solution for the existing WAN. In that way, the SD-WAN – software-defined wide-area network — can secure existing fixed and mobile networks and thereby provide a “total security solution,” the report says.
The advantages of SD-WANs include providing intelligence and immediate traffic visibility and control to the network. They offer a lower priced approach than traditional networks and enable businesses to respond quickly to threats and what the press release calls “environmental shifts.”
Key Takeaways from the report:
- The network firewall segment will have the leading share in the global SD-WAN security market during the forecast period. The DDoS detection and mitigation segment is expected to have a CAGR of 7%through 2032.
- The large enterprise segment is expected to grow by 2x during the forecast period.
- The IT and telecom segment is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 9%during the forecast period.
- North America was dominating the market at the end of last year, followed by the European region. East Asia is the fastest growing region during the forecast period.
- The market in the U.S. is expected to progress at a CAGR of about 4%through 2032.