Department of Agriculture’s Rural Prosperity Report
Earlier this year, President Trump issued an executive order establishing the Interagency Task Force on Agriculture and Rural Prosperity “to ensure the informed exercise of regulatory authority that impacts agriculture and rural communities.” Secretary of Agriculture, Sonny Perdue was selected to serve as the chair. The task force identified over 100 recommendations for the federal government to consider in order to help improve life in rural America. The recommendation centered around five areas:
- Achieving e-Connectivity for Rural America
- Improving Quality of Life
- Supporting a Rural Workforce
- Harnessing Technological Innovation
- Developing the Rural Economy
For more information, visit the USDA website or download the full report.